Shame VS Ashamed (difference)




Shame VS Ashamed 

Shame is a noun or sometimes a verb
Ashamed is an adjective.





shame : 수치심, 안타까움


1. if something is described as a shame, it is disappointing or not satisfactory
     ex) What a shame that you couldn't go to the party

2. an uncomfortable feeling or guilt or of being ashamed because of you own someone else's bad behavior. loss of honor and respect. 
    ex) You can't go out dressed like that - have you no shame
         (Don't you feel ashamed about being dressed like that?)
   
Cf)

To my shame
 ex) To my shame, I never wrote and thanked Tony for his present.
  (= I feel ashamed because I never wrote and thanked Tony for his present.)

Shame on you
 : used to tell someone that they should feel sorry for something they did.
  ex) Shame on you for being so mean.


ashamed : 부끄러운 


1. feeling guilty or embarrassed about something you have done or about quailty in your character.
 ex) You've got nothing to be ashamed of.
      I'm ashamed to be seen with you when you behave so badly.

2. feeling bad because you are aware that others know that you are someone connected with you has done something wrong or embarrassing.
 ex) I felt deeply ashamed for my father's impoliteness.

 

 

댓글

가장 많이 본 글