prepositions following Adjectives : At, on, To


Prepositions following Adjectives : At, On, To







Grammar 


1.Adjectives + at 

It express How well we do something
good, excellent, bad, brilliant, skilled, etc...


How are you so good at English?
I wish I were better at English.
I used to be terrible at English.
I'm really bad at math.
You are better at soccer than I am.
He was never good at his job. anyways.


cf. capable of
He is capable of cooking without no one else's help.



2.Adjectives + on 

It usually incate that one person or thing depends on another

Your impression is based on the one time you met him though
He is dependent on his wife.


3. Adjectives + to 

 it indicates the direction of an action or behavior.

She is always rude to me!
She is mean to everyone
She is nice to me
He married to Julia.
I've been exposed to English speakers every day, since I started to live US.
Tom is keen to see this movie.
Starting today, The exhibition is open to the public.



fill in the blank 

1. you don't seem "keen on playing" tennis
2. you don't seem "keen to start" this project.
3. Julie has been "engaged to" Alex for six months.
4. I am not good _at_ playing tennis.
5. This theory is based _on_ my own experiences.
6. The file is attached _to_ the email.
7. I am exposed _to_ English everyday.

sentence building 

1. My husband is too dependent on his car.
2. Don't be rude at our customers!
3. He is really excellent at basketball.
4. Suji was keen to watch the movie.
     Q. Why I can't use keen on watch the movie
5. Her novel is based on real story
6. His parents was opposed to his decision.
7. I was really angry at rude staff.
   I was really angry with you.
8. Game company is dependent on child.

댓글

가장 많이 본 글