Modal Verbs : could/can, will/would, may/might, must, should


Modal Verbs : could/can, will/would, may/might, must, should

Q.what is the difference between the two?

you may go
you may stay here
you can go
you can stay here

would you VS could you
'would you' is politer than 'could you'

won't(will not)
I should sound carefully, when I pronounce 'won't.'
It may sounds like "want"

willingness:
She said she would do it again.

predicition :
I thought that it would rain yesterday.

---

1. I  _could_ win the lottery. (possibility)

2. He _should be able to_  win the lottery one of these days. He buys so many tickets. (expectation)

3. I think he _will_ win the lottery (prediction).

4. He  _should_ be nicer to his classmates. (recommendation)

5.  _would_you fix my computer please? (polite request)

6. You _may_ go now. (permission)

7. You _must_ go now. (obligation)

8. You  _should_ go now. It's late. (recommendation)


Sentence Building 
There are a lot of tasks you need to complete.
Tell your boss how likely you are to complete them using 'will', 'should be able to', 'can' and 'could'.

Fix the mistakes in my presentation  → "I can fix the mistakes in my presentation by tomorrow".

Finish this report by tomorrow  →  Hs should be able to finish this report by tomorrw.

speak to the client tomorrow  → we will speak to the client in the tomorrow morning

meet with our business partener  → When you go to the airport, then you can meet
with our business partner

present my findings tomorrow  → could you please present my finding at tomorrow night?

meet with another department  → We can meet with another department in paris after 3~4days 


댓글

가장 많이 본 글